A family was from their home early this morning after a fire started in the garage area of the house.
It happened at 25 Sandstone Dr. located off of North Union Street in Spencerport around 6:30 a.m.
The Spencerport fire chief says a passerby saw smoke coming from the garage and called 911.
A firefighter, who lives down the street, heard the fire dispatch call, so went to the house and alerted the homeowners who were asleep inside.
A mother and her two sons got out of the house safely.
No one was injured.