The ice rink at Fairport Junction is opening two weeks earlier than normal thanks to this year's early freezing temps.
A fresh sheet of ice has been laid on the rink for its opening day Saturday.
New this year, the village of Fairport police will enforce rules posted on-site at the rink. This comes after damage caused by hockey players and vandals in past seasons.
No hockey is allowed this year.
The rink opened 10 a.m. Saturday and is open from 10 - 10 daily.
Fairport Junction Ice Rink Rules
1. SKATE AT YOUR OWN RISK
2. No supervision is provided
3. Hockey sticks or pucks are not allowed
4. Skating in a manner that endangers or interferes with other skaters' safety or pleasure is strictly forbidden.
5. Roughness, excessive speeding or weaving through other skaters is prohibited.
6. No tag or games of any kind are permitted on or off the ice.
7. Skate clockwise unless directed otherwise.
8. Beginning skaters should skate along the dasher boards.
9. No more than two people may skate together.
10. No one is permitted on the ice without skates.
11. Skaters while on the ice must keep moving.
12. Get to your feet quickly when you fall.
13. In the event of a serious injury call 911
14. Figure skaters using the center of the rink should use caution doing jumps and spins.
15. No eating or drinking is permitted on the ice surface.
16. Skaters are not allowed to carry children or secondary items such as cameras, handbags, headsets, etc., while skating.
17. Patrons must not sit on, lean over, or leave articles on the railings.
18. Throwing snowballs or any objects is strictly prohibited.
19. "Pitch In" and deposit all trash in the receptacles provided. We are proud of our facility. PLEASE HELP KEEP IT CLEAN.
20. Persons who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances are not permitted in the rink.
21. For information on rink status call the Town of Perinton Recreation and Parks Program Information Line at 425-1170.