Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Rochester

Man Rescued from Burning Home in Irondequoit

  • Text size: + -
Rochester: Man Rescued from Burning Home in Irondequoit
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

One man suffered from smoke inhalation when his Irondequoit home caught fire Tuesday afternoon.

It happened on Tamarack Drive in Irondequoit, just off Culver Road.

Firefighters say when they arrived on-scene, the homeowner was already suffering the effects of smoke inhalation, and refused to leave the burning house.

"He just, he was very dazed. You can tell according to the Lieutenant from Engine 2, the guy had taken in a lot of smoke and he was very confused, wasn't sure what was going on," said Chief Steve Derleth, Point Pleasant Fire Department.

The homeowner was eventually rescued and taken to Strong Hospital for treatment.

The house is a total loss.

No word yet on the cause of that fire.

10.11.12.247 ClientIP: 54.197.218.127, 208.185.118.37 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP