Dozens of people were evacuated from the James P. Wilmot Cancer Center on the campus of Strong Hospital Thursday morning.
Firefighters said a spark started a fire in a utility shaft where construction is being done. Workers were able to contain the fire until firefighters arrived.
"Really was not that significant of a fire. The construction people for the most part had the fire put out before we got here. We did some overhaul and put out some hot spots," said Charles Stadler, Rochester Fire Department Battalion Chief.
No one was injured in the incident. Patients and employees were let back in the building once the fire was extinguished.